September 09, 2011
It's been a very eventful two weeks since our last blog post. Our customer base is rapidly expanding, we've fixed bugs, taken advantage of some bulk pricing that we've passed on to our customers 100%, and we've even created a truly fantastic, automated system for checking the success rates of our linkbuilding... among a lot of other things!
Yes, it has been crazy. So let's get right to it!
The Cheaper Links
Since we've been purchasing more accounts with our service providers, we've been able to take advantage of some bulk discounts. We had a pow-wow as to whether we should keep the extra internet monies, but we love you guys so much that we created a policy of passing off these types of discounts directly to customers. So, here are the credit changes that were instituted earlier this week:
BacklinksIndexer went from 8 to 6 credits per link indexed.
BacklinksGenie went from 4500 to 4000 credits per blast.
DripFeedBlasts went from 4000 to 3000 credits per blast.
As of right now, we're just taking a look at some statistics and we've prioritized successful links to be indexed first so that we're sure that the indexer gets to those. Once we're a bit more confident that the system is working properly and there are no bugs, after a few days, we'll only be indexing successful links and we'll be able to re-allocate the default credit spending towards building more blasts and spending far less on indexing!
So once that happens, Link Emperor is going to be a FAR more efficient system for building links than anything else out there.
Yesterday we added a plugin that allows you to download any table in Link Emperor in multiple formats. This still doesn't work very well with the Keyword Ideas tab since it's in such a particularly strange tree format (at some point we'll get that working as well), but everything else works like a charm. This should hopefully be useful for working with data, downloading info to show to clients, send to outsourcers or whatever else you'd like to do.
BacklinksGenie Is Awesome, and Fixed A Bug For Us!
There's a bug that some of you encountered in your linkbuilding where the wrong anchor would be paired with your URLs on simplemachines forum postings. This is a bug that comes with the Xrumer software that pretty much all linkbuilding services use, so it was on their side and was happening to a number of their customers. But we got a few complaints from our own customers, so we followed up with BacklinksGenie and they actually took two days to work on it and found a workaround to fix it!
So if you had encountered that error before, be glad to know that it should be fixed moving forward. Please allow a day or two for backlink reports to come in from prior days before checking to ensure that the bug is fixed, as we were just told about this this morning.
MegaLinksBlaster Removed From Default Allocation
We have had a lot of issues with their blasts as of late, in terms of them not building as many links as they promised, etc. So we unfortunately had to remove them from the default allocation. This is one of the benefits you receive when working with us - we do our best to watch out on your behalf and be flexible with our service providers if they don't stack up. Hopefully at some point in the future they can get their capacity in order again and we'll be glad to toss them back in.
Nuclear Link Indexer Added!
We now integrate with Nuclear Link Indexer, which is very similar to BacklinksIndexer and comes highly recommended. So we now alternate between the two for indexing in the default allocation, which should hopefully further improve link diversity.
Well, that's about all we've got for now! Hope you all are enjoying your subscriptions. As always, let us know if you have any questions or need anything at all!
Bobby & Kevinblog comments powered by Disqus